Trekker’s Paradise Kodaikanal: Trekking in Kodaikanal: The hill station of Kodaikanal, located in the Palani Hill range of Kodaikanal is aptly called as the “Princess of Hill Stations”. The charm of Kodaikanal will make you fall in love the moment you will step into this land of mesmerising scenic beauty, refreshing waterfalls, lakes, parks and unique caves and rock formations along with amazing viewpoints. Kodaikanal tour offers tourists with not just captivating setting and exceptional sightseeing options but have umpteen numbers of adventurous sports to offer you as well. One of the most popular of all the outdoor activities in Kodaikanal is trekking.
Kodaikanal can easily be called as “trekker’s paradise”. From professional trekker to the novice trekker, everyone will have something for them in Kodaikanal. The hill station has trekking routes with varying levels of difficulty. One can choose any of these based on their experience, fitness level, their ability to trek and the time limit they have. Some routes are so tough that only professional s can go through it while some trekking routes make for an easy and comfortable trekking experience. No matter what you choose, you will be pleased by the rich flora and fauna around you as you trek your way to the destination.
There are many trekking routes in Kodaikanal. Some of the common ones are:
- Kodaikanalkanal-Batlagundu (55 Km) Law's Ghat Road
- Perumalmalai-Palamalai(8km) - Thalayar (90 mins.) - Manjalar (150 mins.)-Devadanappatty(6km).
- Shembaganur-Korappur-Adukkam(180 mins.) - Selumbathope (120 mins.) - Kumbakkarai - Periakulam (10 km).
- Shembaganur-Vengayapparai - "Kodaikanalkanal Ghat" (4 hours)-Kumbakkarai - Periakulam (10 Km).
- Kodaikanalkanal-Dolphin's Nose-Vellagevi-Vengayapparai (300 mins.)-Kumbakkarai-Periakulam(10Km.).
- Kodaikanal-Dolphin's Nose-Vellagevi-Kumbakkarai (300 mins.)-Kumbakkarai-Periakulam (10 Km).
- Kodaikanal-Green Hut (12Km) - down to Chinnur-Periakulam (300 mins.)
- Kodaikanal-Thoppithookkipparai (16Km) - Periyur (3 hours) - Sothupparai - Periakulam (10 Km).
- Kodaikanal-Karthirikkai Odei (40Km) - Sinna Sothupparai - Athirikkarappankoil - Oral muthu - Valasal aaru - Bodinayakanur (6 hours).
- Kodaikanal-Berijam (23 Km) - Konalar (5 Km) - Sebastian Odei (3 Km) - Marion Shola (2Km) - Kathirikkai Odei (1 Km) - Kambippalam (3 Km) - Pulavachiar (5 Km)-Vandaravu (10 Km) - Top Station (10 Km) - Central Station (2 hours)- Kurangani (3 hours) - Bodinayakanur (17 Km).
- Kodaikanal - Mannavanur (35 Km) - Keelanavayal (90 mins.) - Manjampatty (3 hours) - Thalinji (2 hours) - Champaked ( 90 mins.)-Chinnar (5 Km) - Udamalpet (32 Km) - Palani (37 Km).
- Kodaikanal - Paricombai (27 Km) - Kukkal (8 Km)-Kuthirayar-Pappanpatty-Kavalapatty (7 hours) - Palani (23 Km.)
- Kodaikanal - Puthur (43 Km) - Bonthampally (24 mins.) - Kavalppatty (9Km) - A-Kalaiamputhur (9Km) - Palani (5 Km.)
- Kodaikanal - Pallanghi (10 Km) - Thalamalai - Porandalar-Palani.
- Kodaikanal - Vilpatty (8 Km) - Ganesapuram-Puliamarathope (240 mins.) - Palani (13 Km).
- Kodaikanal - Perumalmalai (13 Km) - Pethupparai (6 Km)- Ganesapuram-Puliamarathope (240 mins.) - Palani (13 Km).
- Kodaikanal - Perumalmalai-Palani Ghat road (60 Km).
- Kodaikanal - Tandigudi (40 Km) - K.C.Patty (20 Km) - Asarippatty - Bethelpuram-Parappalar-Thalayoothu - Viruppachi.
- Kodaikanal - Tandigudi (40 Km) - K.C.Patty (20 Km) - Pachalur (10 Km) - Oddanchatram (31 Km).
- Kodaikanal - Tandigudi (40 Km) - Adalur (15 Km) - Panrimalai (4Km)-Alagumalai (5 Km) - Puducombai (14 Km) - Karisalpatty (7 Km) - Vattapparai (4Km) - Melpatty (2 Km) - Anandarayamkottai-Pithalapatty (2Km) - Dindigul (7Km.)
- Kodaikanal - Tandigudi (40 Km) - Thadiankudisai (10 Km) - Batlagundu (33 Km.)